Friday, December 5, 2008

About me and this weekend


Weekend plans have changed because my attempt to create a clone of myself has failed. I'll be at Northrup on Saturday from 12-7pm and Black Forest Inn Sunday from 12-7pm. I had a great first open studio at Northrup last night. I got to hear lots of awesome dog stories and received positive feedback about my work.

A little about me: I grew up just north of Minneapolis and I have lots of family near Aitkin, MN. I travel up north for family, fishing, swimming, dirt road walking, snowmobiling, and the "world famous" Aitkin fish house parade. I've worked as a contract painter, recycling coordinator, dairy farm manager and artist. I am very passionate about animals and I am coordinating a art show for March 2009 to benefit a dog rescue group called A Rotta Love. I graduated from St. Olaf College with a degree in biology and studio art. My skills in biology lend a great deal to my artwork because I am able to focus on the structures behind a face or body to create an image that captures personality and reality. My wonderful boyfriend Bryan, myself and our dog Marilyn currently live in South Minneapolis.