Monday, December 1, 2008

What is Lintu Art?

Even though this is my first blog with Lintu Art that doesn't mean there hasn't been a whirlwind of activity! I had a great time at Woofstock in Linden Hills this September. I was able to show my work and meet a lot of great people and dogs. I was so happy to encounter a pack of Border Terriers! I grew up with three Borders and they hold a special place in my heart. I had a drawing for a free pet portrait and Kozee, one of the Border Terriers, was the winner! That is his portrait on the left. I had a great picture to work from to create a 6x6 inch portrait matted with textured black mat board and framed in locally harvested pine.


This portrait is of my dog Marilyn. She was adopted through a Shar Pei rescue organization in Georgia after her original person passed away. She has been a blessing to have around and gets me outside on walks twice a day. When I create my art at home she will curl up near my feet and keep me company. It is fun to introduce her to people I meet on walks because although she may look tough she is just looking for a puppy shoulder massage.



Lintu Art is all about family and pet portraits. I recently opened a studio in the Northrup King Building in NE Minneapolis (1500 Jackson Street NE). Please stop by studio 390 on the first Thursday of the month, or any Saturday during December. I'm always able to have studio visits by appointment, just email me at sarah.lintu@gmail.com.


I'll post again with more details about my history and how I came to be an artist. Thank you for welcoming Lintu Art!