Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Open studio, City of Lakes Photography, Hamm's Brewery

Next First Thursday: Feb 5th, 5-9pm at Northrup King Building. View art of many local artists, talk to them directly about their work, and explore the NE Art's District!
1500 Jackson Street NE
Minneapolis, MN
www.Northrupkingbuilding.com

My boyfriend and I had a wonderful and fun experience of having our pictures taken professionally with City of Lakes Photography's Jeff Ilse. We were able to take photos at the dog park to include our dog Marilyn. Jeff was great to work with, listened to our ideas, and helped us create images that we will cherish for a lifetime. His website is: http://cityoflakesphotography.com/index.html

Hamm beer will forever be etched into my memory thanks to a few college friends who filled a closet full of the stuff to sell to the underaged and under-informed freshmen. But I have the wonderful experience of making new Hamm memories by being a visiting artist in the newly renovated Hamm Brewery artist studio building. I'll be sharing a space with my Northrup King neighbor Richard Simonsen. The show will be January 17-18 from 10am-6pm and located at the Historic Hamm Brewery Building in St. Paul: 707 E. Minnehaha Ave. I'm not sure if there will be Hamm samples but it will be exciting to see the newly renovated building! http://cbburnetpowell.com/node/6