Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Wonderful Dog Rescue Groups

I've had the privilege to work with many wonderful dog rescue groups in Minnesota.

A Rotta Love Plus (www.arottalove.org) is having a benefit show hosted by Lintu Art (me!) on Saturday March 28th from 4-9pm at the Northrup King Building's third floor gallery (www.northrupkingbuilding.com). The folks from A Rotta Love Plus are passionate, organized, educated and enthusiastic about their mission. There has been great interest from many artists in the area to participate in the show and donate proceeds to A Rotta Love Plus. I'm so excited for this event and I look forward to meeting many people involved in rescuing animals.

Underdog Rescue (www.underdogrescuemn.com) will be receiving proceeds from sales of select pieces of my work during Art A Whirl. Their Saturday adoption event at Urban Animal in Uptown is where my inspiration was rekindled to help pets. I feel in love with a dog named Tex during one of their events but couldn't adopt him because my landlord had a no tolerance rule for bully breeds. Tex inspired me to explore bully breed issues, create art using these breeds as a catalyst for conversation and to raise funds for their rescue and rehoming. Visit my studio during Art A Whirl (May 15-17) to see the work for Underdog Rescue.

Pet Haven (www.pethavenmn.org) is a newer group to me but I look forward to working with them very soon!

The Sanctuary for Animals (www.thesanctuaryforanimals.com) is hosting their Second Annual Silent Auction and Benefit Dinner on July 19th in Waconia, MN. I will be donating a pet portrait with all proceeds going to fund their efforts. A great night and dinner are only $20!