Monday, April 6, 2009

Traveling over to St. Paul


Lintu Art will be sharing a space with Alsadu in the Hamm Building during the St. Paul Art Crawl. This is the first year the building will be featured in the crawl and I've heard rumor that there is free parking and the building is the beginning of the trolley route!

I've also been working in a new medium: Soft pastels (oil pastels have been my go to medium lately). They are so great to work with and I'm learning how to apply them to bring out their unique texture and style. Above is a portrait I created using these new pastels.

I'm organizing a two classes for pastels that will be held three Tuesday or Thursday nights this summer. The classes will be limited to five to six students. I'm still working on costs and exact dates. Check back soon! Excellent introduction to the medium!